Our volunteers are very important to us. With there help, we are able to staff appropriately and feel good that our animals are getting proper socialization and TLC.
This is a year round program, no seasonal volunteers please. We are looking for dedicated people who are serious about making a commitment to these animals. You will find working with the animals to be extremely rewarding.
In order to volunteer at the Humane Society,
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. Check our events page to see our next orientation!
- Be sixteen (16) years of age or older.
- Attend multiple Dog/Cat Handling Classes prior to volunteering.
PLEASE NOTE THAT LIMITED VOLUNTEER SPACE MAY BE AVAILABLE
If you are under 16, you can particpate in our special projects program which has information on projects and crafts you can do at home in your spare time. These projects can help stimulate the animals here in our shelter as well as give them comfort when they are alone in their cages.
Our volunteer orientation will include:
- Introduction: HSEC background & services.
- Review: Volunteer program requirements and opportunities you are interested in.
- Tour of the Shelter: We’ll take you on a behind the scenes tour of our facility.
- Completion of application: Application Procedures and what to do after today.
- Pick up literature: The volunteer program requires a consistent commitment in order to successfully support the work of the shelter.
Please plan to attend our next orientation for more information. Seats will be limited. Only 20 seats available so please RSVP today below:
Call us at 574-848-4225 or by email.
The next Volunteer Orientation - Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 9:00am MUST RSVP.
The next Dog Handling Class - Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 9:00am - 12:00pm at Planet Canine. MUST ATTEND VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION FIRST AND RSVP.